7 days ago
**PLEASE READ FULL POST** The premium is now available for our May 6-7 lure coursing events and field trial conformation show in Lumby: canuckdogs.com/upload/DogShowDocs/b859dfda-c80e-11ed-89bb-0050569873b0.pdf Online entries will open on March 27th via DogShow.ca: dogshow.ca/en/Events/3832/Whippet-Club-Of-British-Columbia-LURE-COURSING
There are several dogs (mostly whippets so far) hoping to certify on the evening of Friday, May 5th. If you can offer a bye-dog to help someone certify, please let us know in the comments. If you are looking for a bye-dog, please also comment and/or connect with someone if you see an opportunity. Certification runs must be booked with Fiona before April 24th and you are responsible for securing your own bye-dog.
Hosted again at the beautiful Timber Ridge Trails. Please read the premium carefully as there are different cut-off dates to order meals, organize certification runs, and final entry closing (we're giving as long of a window as we can for each of these activities).
Frequently asked questions:
1. Who is eligible to enter? CKC Lure Coursing is open only to these breeds: Afghan Hounds, Azawakhs, Basenjis, Borzois, Scottish Deerhounds, Greyhounds, Ibizan Hounds, Italian Greyhounds, Pharaoh Hounds, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Salukis, Whippets and Irish Wolfhounds. Hounds must have a CKC identification number, be one year of age or older, and be certified by a judge before they can compete.
2. What is a field trial conformation show? This is a dog show limited to the breeds above where participants in the regular classes can earn Championship points just like any other conformation show *except* points are only earned at the breed level (there is no group placement because a full group is not eligible to enter) and only hounds who earned a qualifying score in the associated lure coursing trial can participate in the show. You must pre-enter both lure coursing and the show on Saturday if you want to participate, but failure to earn a qualifying score in lure coursing means your dog will become ineligible for the show (and no refund is provided if this happens). ... See MoreSee Less
4 weeks ago
Well friends, this is new! Our March 31-April 2 CKC agility weekend... is FULL! WOW! We are truly blown away by the response. Not only did the weekend fill (thankfully we have a history of being efficient and ending way ahead of schedule) but it filled within hours of opening. This is an amazing sign of interest in CKC agility in the Okanagan and we hope to keep up the momentum.
If you missed out, you can still complete and entry form and submit it to our Trial Secretary to be put on the waitlist: whippetclubofbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/WCOBCAgilityPremiumApril2023-FILLABLE.pdf
Thank you in advance to our everyone who will volunteer to make the weekend go smoothly! We can't wait 😀 ... See MoreSee Less
2 months ago
PREMIUM NOW AVAILABLE!
March 31 - April 2 • CKC Agility Trials in Kelowna, BC.
Friday is a limited entry evening trial, Saturday and Sunday are full days. Judges Seanna and Meaghan O'Neill.
Back bigger and better than ever 😉
• 4 rounds of Standard
• 4 Rounds of Jumpers with Weaves
• 3 Rounds of PAD (YES! THREE!)
• 1 Round of Steeplechase
• 2 Rounds of Jumps and Tunnels
Entries open March 1st, 2023 at 6pm. FFO (for fun only) runs allowed. Open to all breeds and mixed breed dogs with appropriate CKC identification numbers. If your dog is not yet registered with the CKC, or you are not yet a member, we recommend getting your applications in ASAP.
whippetclubofbc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/WCOBCAgilityPremiumApril2023-FILLABLE.pdf ... See MoreSee Less
3 months ago
SAVE THE DATES! March 31-April 2 CKC Agility Trials open to all breeds and mixed breed dogs with appropriate CKC identification numbers! Kelowna, BC. Judges Seanna O'Neill and Meaghan O'Neill
4 x Standard, 4 x Jumpers with Weaves, 2 x Points & Distance, 2 x Jumps & Tunnels, 1 x Steeplechase. One ring, indoors on packed dirt. Limited entry on Friday, March 31 (evening trial). Full days April 1 & 2, limited to judging maximums.
Hope to see you there! ... See MoreSee Less
6 months ago
This is a *little* late, but THANK YOU to our judges Brigitte Hole and Kirsten Locke, volunteers, and handlers who made our October 1 & 2 agility trials a success!
Special shout outs to Sarah Knight for organizing our Friday fun runs, ensuring all day-of jobs were filled, and that everyone was fed! Anne Fletcher for diving into the deep end of CKC agility and stepping in as acting Trial Secretary, which is a responsibility that starts and ends way beyond the two days of actual competition. Hildi Steuart kept course-building organized and on time. Lynne Johaneson got everyone parked bright and early.
Congratulations to Hazel Arnold and Christina Shalaby for winning the volunteer draws! And many, many, more people stepped up as course builders, ring crew, scribes, leash runners, and gate stewards. We LITERALLY couldn't do it without your help!
Some of our other supporters couldn't attend but we missed you and appreciate all of the help you've provided over the years.
We can't publish next year's agility dates until we're approved by the CKC... but stay tuned for details around our 'usual' April and October weekends 😉 We hope to make next year bigger and better than ever. If you're struggling to earn those elusive PAD Qs, you might want to keep an eye open for our 2023 trials...
Last but not least: the link to photos from the weekend can be found on K & C Photography's page:
www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100027352281820 ... See MoreSee Less